Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous

Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous grew out of the Atheists Meetup group in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We seek to provide an opportunity for those who self-identify as atheists to meet with one another for fellowship and to discuss matters of mutual interest. --Dan Nerren, moderator

Monday, September 26, 2005

Signmaker refuses job for atheists

At our last Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous meeting I expressed my desire to see our group purchase some signs to advertise our existence. I thought I had found a signmaker who would make us about 25 signs for around $80. However, he backed out when he saw what I wanted printed on the signs: Atheist Rendezvous. Had he accepted the job, the signs would have cost me about $3.10.

I called two other signmakers today. One is here in Sand Springs. My call was answered by an answering machine. I left a message, but have not had my call returned yet. Another signmaker (this one in Tulsa) gave me a price of $8.00 per sign. That would be $200. Too much I think.

I'll check on some more vendors tomorrow. If I don't find one who can make the signs for around $80, I might do what Bill Forney suggested and make my own.

I would also like to have some flyers printed and posted on utility poles. If anyone would like to assist me in this effort, please let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home