Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous

Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous grew out of the Atheists Meetup group in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We seek to provide an opportunity for those who self-identify as atheists to meet with one another for fellowship and to discuss matters of mutual interest. --Dan Nerren, moderator

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

To touch or not to touch

While indexing the forthcoming book King Tiger: The Religious Vision of Reies Lopez Tijerina, I came across this interesting passage:

Recounting the post-resurrection episodes between the risen Jesus and his followers, Tijerina pondered the mystery that Jesus would not allow Mary to touch him ("Do not hold onto me, for I have not yet returned to the father. . ." [John 20:17]), but that he encouraged Thomas to feel his wounds ("Put your finger here. . . . Reach out your hand and put it into my side . . ." [John 20:26]).

For some reason, I had completely missed seeing this contradiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home