Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous

Tulsa Atheist Rendezvous grew out of the Atheists Meetup group in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We seek to provide an opportunity for those who self-identify as atheists to meet with one another for fellowship and to discuss matters of mutual interest. --Dan Nerren, moderator

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Rendezvous Tonight

Tonight is the night for our monthly rendezvous at Zarrow Library, 7pm. I posted two small signs about our meetings. Both were placed on poles. One sign was printed on a sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 paper. The next time I passed by the pole the sign was missing. The other sign was a smaller one (appx. 2.5 X 3.5 inches) stuck to a metal pole at a parking lot. It was still there the last time I checked. I admit, these were pretty lame efforts at publicity.

Much of my time in the past month has been devoted to preparations for the Secular Singers concert which was held two days ago.

I doubt if anybody reads this before the meeting, but you are welcome to bring something to read to the group, if you like. I will bring a videotape titled "Blue Planet," in case there is any interest in viewing it. It is film of the Earth shot from the space shuttles. It doesn't have anything to do with atheism, but we might enjoy viewing it. It runs 42 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home